The corner stone of the JP curriculum is based on a philosophy of perfect tissue, whenever possible. While this principle is beneficial to any practice, it is especially appropriate in practices where perfect tissue is the ideal foundation for restorative and aesthetic excellence. The perfect tissue philosophy advocates the earliest possible intervention to address disease activity, and then guiding the transition of patients of record, as well as new patients, to understand and comply with periodontal treatment plans at the earliest stages of disease. Integrating the research of biofilm, laser (in applicable states), adjunctive treatment modalities (i.e. Arestin), response diagnosis, repetitive therapy, as well as advanced communication skills and visual integration of the in-complete restorative and aesthetic dentistry are all combined to create comprehensive treatment plans and increase case acceptance for the patient. All of comprehensive clinical refinements are merged with management and business systems that ensure a profitable and successful dental practice.
Taught by JP Consultants, leaders in the dental hygiene field, our dynamic, interactive Evolutionary Team course is designed for doctors, hygienists, and team members and leads to nothing less than the Mastery of Hygiene! Research and technological advances have created more opportunities to deliver clinical periodontal health than at any other time in dentistry. This means that we have a responsibility to deliver higher standards of care than ever before. A thriving, competent hygiene department is not only a fundamental part of a successful practice; it is a major contributor to how patients perceive the quality of your dentistry.
Topics Covered in this Course Include
- Understanding the art of perfect tissue
- Perfect tissue pre-diagnosis and treatment planning
- Integrating aesthetic excellence with perfect tissue
- Aesthetics and restorative awareness and pre-diagnosis
- Powerful techniques to move hygiene patients into aesthetic care
- How to evolve your existing clinical philosophy to higher levels
- Customizing your hygiene services to meet the needs of individual patients
- How to conduct the perfect hygiene appointment: a hands-on, step-by-step guide
- Building the doctor-hygiene relationship: The key to quality dentistry
- Teaching doctors the challenges and opportunities faced by hygiene departments and what they can do to enhance the prospects for success
- Teaching hygienists to share responsibility for the management and business systems of the practice
- Diagnostic techniques and clinical delivery
- Refining and improving diagnosis and treatment planning for gingivitis and periodontitis
- How to analyze radiographs for the earliest detection of bone loss
- Solving the continuity problem: getting the same probe readings from doctors and hygienists
- Staying in control: understand the latest clinical parameters for re-treating non-surgical patients (response diagnosis)
- Refining your guidelines for periodontal referrals
- Time management skills to achieve restorative/aesthetic/periodontal excellence
- Learn how to analyze what job roles need to be filled and how to structure team responsibilities for hygiene assistance and coordinator positions
- Time management – meeting legal, ethical and practice philosophy standards within a cost-effective time frame
- Advanced communication and presentation skills that increase case acceptance
- How to identify and overcome your personal, emotional and psychological roadblocks to clinical presentation and optimum case acceptance
- Step-by-step workshop on achieving successful closure on treatment plans
- Determine how well your hygiene department is performing and what your annual hygiene revenue should be
- Find out how to organize your hygiene department for optimum performance
- Learn ways to decrease your dependence on dental insurance
- Increase profits and team rewards
- Learn through hands-on participation why every hygienist wants to use microsonics as part of their daily regimen of care
- See how microsonics allows more effective debridement of deep pockets with less risk to the operator of the Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Update on hand instrumentation
- Learn the latest root debridement techniques: greater effectiveness with less effort
- Learn the most effective techniques for initial and ongoing therapy
- Enhance your sharpening techniques to create the best cutting edge
- Update on laser therapy with guidelines for soft tissue laser therapy
- How laser therapy is treatment planned into your periodontal therapy appointments
- How to use laser therapy as an adjunct to Supportive Periodontal Therapy
- How laser therapy can be a practice builder
- Update on site-specific and systemic adjuncts to patient care
- Guidelines and treatment planning for use of site-specific antibiotic treatment with live hands-on demonstrations for placement
- Learn advanced strategies for using the intraoral camera to improve communication and time management, keep on schedule, increase case acceptance and stimulate demand for restorative care
Our Evolutionary Team course merges philosophical and business strategies with increased discovery and delivery within a step-by-step implementation plan. This creates a powerful, successful hygiene department, which improves patient health, generates revenues, and creates referrals. We promise doctors, hygienists and team members a new vision; and renewed enthusiasm and commitment.
Click here for our Practice Profile!
The JP Institute
is a recognized ADA CERP provider.
Accepted Program Provider
FAGD / MAGD Credit.